Wednesday 1 September 2010

The Force Multiplier

A lot of people ask me (after they've asked what I'm drinking!) if I can feel the difference since drinking chlorophyll, or taking any other supplements.

The answer is - no!

This doesn't mean they don't do anything, but that there is no "magic pill". There are very few things you can do that will make a huge, noticeable difference straight away (aside from drinking enough water every day, or maybe cutting the worst foods out of your diet).

But the point is, all of these things add together to bring better health.

I don't just drink chlorophyll. I don't just exercise daily. I don't just drink 3 litres of water a day. So how would I even know if one in particular was making a significant difference?

It's the combined effects of all of these things that keep me going.

If I didn't believe that every single supplement I take, everything I eat and drink, was making a positive difference to my health - I wouldn't bother!

So if you take supplements, even just a multi-vitamin, don't expect some amazing result within a few days. Chances are, you won't even feel the benefits. But they are there, working in the background.

Currently, I take the following:

(You'll notice a lot of these I get from Nature's Sunshine Products - they're a well-established company, high-quality supplements, and it's all made from organic or wild-crafted ingredients)

Chlorophyll (daily)
Mega-Greens (daily)
Omega-3 (daily)
Vitamin C (daily)
Lemon/Lime water (daily)

Raw, crushed Garlic (1 clove every other day - don't want to smell too much!)

Protein shake (after workouts)
BCAA's (before and after heavy workouts)


I've read up on everything I take, and won't add anything to this list unless I truly believe it's going to benefit me in some way.

But could I tell you which ones make the biggest difference? No.

They are all Force Multipliers, adding together to give me good health. I can't remember the last time I was ill, I train 6 days a week (2 workouts on some of those days), and I feel great.

Everything you do will either benefit your health, or be detrimental to it.

Gradually add more positive's, and take out negative's and you'll be on your way to better health.

Exercise regularly
Eat more fruit and veg
Take supplements that will help your body
Sleep well
Go to bed earlier each night
Meditate

Cut out bad foods
Cut out bad drinks
Get off the sofa - instead of watching crap TV "cos there's nothing good on" - go for a walk!
Quit smoking
Control your snacking

Start today. Do something to benefit your health in some way. You may not feel the difference immediately, but combined with the other force multipliers, you'll definitely gain something good from it. And before you know it, you'll realise you haven't been sick for a while, you're sleeping better than before, you've got more energy, you enjoy working out...

Start today. Go do it!




Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment